Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Can You Help Me with My Dry Damaged Hair?

I have a question about my hair... the situation is like my hair is soo dry may be because i have used alot of different shampoos which doesnt even suit on my hair.. have colored my hair alot of times, and have so many chemicals in my hair.. i always see that there are so hydrated shampoos available but i dont know which one shud i use? as my hair is long but its like 2 faces on the bottom what can i do about it? and can u please tell me which shampoo is best for dry hair..?? and how to keep them smooth without dryness is there any good serum to use to keep it straight and smooth?

YouTips4U: Hi, I think you are right - your hair is dry and perhaps damaged from too much coloring and not using the right products for your hair type. I think you can repair it with the right hair products and also by discontinuing the repeated coloring and letting your hair rest. It's going to need special care for a while to get it back to normal. I suggest you purchase shampoo and conditioner for chemically treated hair or hair that has been colored and dry and damaged. Almost every shampoo line has one, so if you have a favorite take a look. If not, try Garnier Fructis (my favorite) or Pantene. Those two are great. While your hair is colored, used that type of shampoo. It will deposit moisture to your hair, helping the dryness and repairing some of the damage. Conditioning is extremely important and must be done after each shampoo. I love Garnier Fructis and Neutrogena Daily Triple Moisture.. Please take a look at my Deep Conditioning with Olive Oil Video on YouTube because I think you can really benefit from treatments with it. You can use it weekly while you are repairing your hair; then taper down to twice per month when it's healthy again. Definitely use a leave-in condition as well. I really like Organix Coconut Oil Serum, but I've also used Neutrogena and Garnier Fructis as well and they are good too. Good luck and keep me posted on how you're doing with your hair. Please write me back when you have time and explain to me what your color is like. If you are unhappy with it, maybe I can make a suggestion for you to bridge the gap while you wait for your hair to be healthy again and return back to it's natural color and texture. Don't despair in the meantime because it will get there; you'll just need to be extra gentle with it. Depending on the condition of your hair, you may need to take some of the length off to remove the dry damage so you can start fresh again.

No comments:

Post a Comment