Sunday, July 5, 2009

How to Grow Your Hair Faster

Question: I was wondering if you have any tips on how to grow hair faster or make it healthy again? I usually straighten my hair all the time and by doing that I burnt off some hair. It's pretty short and I can cover it up when my hair is down. My mom got me a hair growth system and it seems to be working but slowly. It has gotten very dry and lifeless. I have stopped straightening my hair since may. Any other ideas? Thank you so much. You are so helpful!


YouTips4U: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Those straightening irons can be so damaging. I've heard from others who have had similar problems. Be sure to keep up a healthy, well balanced diet and include plenty of protein and foods high in vitamin B. A good diet is what contributes most to healthy strong hair and growth. If you don't already take a daily multivitamin, please do. Please take a look at my Youtips Forum Video on growing your hair faster and help from vitamin B for some additional tips.

You might want to give yourself a good trim and start fresh. Remove all the dead dry hair and then be very kind to your hair going forward. Choose a shampoo for your hair type (perhaps you may consider using one for damaged hair for now. Also always use a conditioner after you shampoo, and a leave-in conditioner before styling. I do recommend you do a deep conditioning treatment with olive oil every other week to combat your severe dryness (please check out my video on Youtube on this). That should help a lot with the loss of moisture and bring softness back to your hair.

I'm glad you have stopped using the straightener. I know it's hard to imagine now, but your hair will grow healthy again. Just remember it grows from the inside and that's why it's so important to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Be sure to get plenty of rest and regular exercise. All this promotes rejuvenation and blood flow to your scalp which will enhance hair growth. You may also want to massage your scalp frequently with your fingertips to enhance blood flow. This can contribute to hair growth. I like to use jojoba oil for massaging. Jojoba Oil has also been touted for being helpful for hair growth so it's definitely worth it.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for writing :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment