Monday, May 2, 2011

Sleep More and Lose Weight

There is solid evidence linking lack of sleep to excess weight. Research has shown that people who sleep less consume more calories. When your body does not get enough sleep, you lack energy and store more fat. You will find that you need to eat more throughout the day to keep your body moving and doing the tasks that are required to do to get you through the day. You'll crave more sweets to give your brain the energy boost it needs. Make it a point to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night, 8 hours is optimal. Getting only 5 hours or less can leave you vulnerable to weight gain. Some of you may find that 6-7 is optimal for you; each person is different. Gauge the way you feel when you get 6, 7, or 8 hours of sleep and see how you feel. Then make every effort to get your required optimal zzzz's each night. Not only will you feel better and perform better throughout the day, but you will look better too. Your hair will have shine, your complexion will stay clearer and you will avoid illness more readily because your immunity will stay strong. I personally can attest that I need 8 hours to feel optimal. It can be hard with a family and work to try to get those required hours, but with a little planning ahead of time I can usually do it 5 out of 7 days a week. I definitely feel the difference when I get only 6 or 7. I am a personal who is extremely active and requires a high energy level to complete my daily tasks which include taking care of my family and home, exercising and working. Without adequate sleep, I usually find that I'll have trouble reaching my full potential for the day, especially in my exercise intensity, and I find that I will need to eat more to stay energized. So start tonight and make sleep a priority!

See you on YouTube,
-YouTips4U

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I need more sleep too. I try my best to get enough sleep. Some days, I usually sleep about 8 hours but I still feel tired. After 10 or 12 hours of sleep, I feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are certainly right but how to sleep more? I am sleepless and if you have tips to sleep more, I am a buyer. Thank you for your blog and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have an upcoming video on YouTube on tips to help you sleep better. Please subscribe there so you will be notified whenever I post a new video.

    ReplyDelete