Saturday, December 31, 2011

Can I Get an Infection from a Bikini Wax?

Hi YouTips4u, I was thinking of getting a bikini wax before I go on vacation, can I get an infection from it? I don't want to be uncomfortable while I'm away.

YouTips4U ans. Hi, the answer is yes. If the area isn't properly cleaned before the waxing is done it could cause you to get inflamed hair follicles which can lead to the development of an a skin infection. Be sure the aesthetician uses an antibacterial soap prior to the waxing. Then after the waxing, she should apply an anti-inflammatory cream to calm your skin. It's a good idea for you to apply an over-the-counter antibiotic cream on the area for 2 days to prevent ingrown hairs. Remember, having your hair ripped out of your follicles is traumatic for your skin and for the follicles. The quicker you can calm the skin down the better. Applying an ice pack to the area when you arrive home can be very helpful as well.

Thanks for your question. See you on YouTube,
-YouTips4u

1 comment:

  1. This guide will help a lot, since I am planning on waxing my hair this summer before our vacation in Miami. Well, I need to list down all the necessary materials here. Thanks!

    Justine Cricks

    ReplyDelete