It takes work to achieve a flat tummy and small waistline, so exercise is key. You need a combination of cardio exercise to burn excess fat and calories as well as toning and resistance exercises like crunches/sit ups. There are many styles you can wear to compliment a full figure. Colorful boxy jackets or double-breasted styles that fall just below your hips are very flattering. It's best to stay away from clingy knits. The best fabric choices are lighter, thinner materials that fall elegantly and thus hide the mid-section; fabrics like rayon and silk. Here are some additional do's and don'ts:
1. Choose dresses with empire waists; they draw attention up and away from the waist. Shirtdresses are also a good choice to camouflage a thick middle.
2. Select any dress, sweater, or top with a "V" neckline. The deeper the "V" the better. You want to create vertical lines for length and slimming effect.
3. Tailored pants and narrow legs are a good choice. Baggy paints are a no no.
4. Thin belts are best. Wide ones draw too much attention to your waistline.
5. You want to avoid wearing gathered or pleated skirts, horizontal stripes, tight tops, and jackets belted at the waist. All of these can draw your eye right to or enhance a larger midsection.
More to come on looking your best and downplaying the areas you like least. You can follow my blog by clicking "follow" at the top of my page that way you don't miss a post!
See you on YouTube,