Saturday, February 9, 2013

Herbal Tea Remedies

I usually always use natural herbal remedies for whatever ails me rather than turning to over-the-counter medications. I find I get excellent results and very quickly from using the right herbal teas. They are soothing and restorative. Here are a few that have helped me: 1) If you're suffering from period cramps: -Red raspberry tea is wonderful. Sip it as warm as you can while resting on the couch. 30 minutes later, you will be good to go. 2) Having allergy problems: -try nettle tea. It can help inhibit the production of histamines that trigger allergies without the side-effects of using over-the-counter antihistamines. It's also good for urinary tract infections. 3) Having urinary tract issues: -Dandelion leaf tea is wonderful. Nettle tea may also be used and don't forget cranberry juice. Be sure you buy unsweetened cranberry juice. You can mix it with the sweetened one and water to make it more palatable, but you don't want all that sugar from regular cranberry juice. 4) Having trouble sleeping: - valerian tea can help as it helps increase a brain chemical that helps induce relaxation and sleep. Warm milk is wonderful as well and so is having a cup of kefir. 5) Have a tummy ache or unsettled tummy: -Peppermint tea is terrific as it helps to relax the stomach muscles and ease bloating. I also love fennel tea for any gassy tummy problems. 6) Have indigestion: -Try some ginger tea. Works wonders for me. 7) Need stress relief: -Chamomile tea has a very relaxing effect on the nervous system. I also use this one for helping me sleep. 8) Reduce a fever: -try Elderberry tea. I also use this when I'm sick but don't have a fever. It's terrific. These herbs have been around for centuries, but you always want to make sure you are not allergic to any herb before you consume it, so always check first. I have used each of these herbs as herbal teas with no problems and only terrific results. The brands I use most are Alvita Herbal Teas and Celebration Herbal Teas. Be sure to steep tea bag for at least 5-10 minutes for best results. You can find them in natural foods stores like Whole Foods or online. See you on YouTube, -YouTips4U

No comments:

Post a Comment