Thursday, May 10, 2018

Should Women Wear Long Hair After A Certain Age?

Did you ever close your eyes and visualize what a middle age woman looks like? I'll bet she has short hair? Why is that? That is because of a societal norm that has been passed down for generations that made women feel as though they had to conform to cutting their hair short once they reached a certain age. In my latest video I address whether it's still appropriate for a woman to wear long hair past a certain age. When I was younger that age was 30. Apparently when you turned 30, you were supposed to cut your hair short because that's what our mothers and grandmothers told us. That age may have increased over the years as women are taking better care of themselves, but nevertheless, the conformity still exists. Did you ever wonder where this idea came from? Well, I did a little research into this social and cultural enigma and it seems that the act of a woman cutting her hair short when she reaches a certain age is congruous to making a statement about her youth and independence. She is saying that she is a grown up now and has no time to focus on things like hair and that she has no interest in attracting a man or looking sexy. Hair is seen as a symbol of attraction and adoration so by cutting it she is saying I don't need to be looked at. I think hair does play a huge part in how we feel about ourselves and I addressed this subject in my latest YouTube video. Many women feel very passionate about this subject, as do I, and they have shared their thoughts and comments below my video. Please watch my video and share your thoughts too.

-Linda
YouTips4U

No comments:

Post a Comment