Monday, December 31, 2018

Bring on 2019 - Optimize the January Effect

On your mark everyone! It's almost time to step into a new and wonderful year! I'd like something that I do every year to help jump start my new year and achieve my goals using the momentum of the "January effect".The January effect is a common phenomenon in the financial markets whereby a seasonal increase in stock prices occurs during the month of January. It's an optimistic and euphoric time marked by large increases in stock buying as new capital is optimistically invested by people looking forward to a good and prosperous year. This powerful, joyous contagion seems to be everywhere in January; in the media, the gym, businesses and relationships, and it can help you in your goal setting and achieving!

To take advantage of this effect, each new year's eve I like to spend a little time reflecting on the past year; giving thanks for all that I am grateful for, and all that I have learned, experienced, and accomplished in 2018.

Next, I make a list of things that I would like to accomplish in the new year. In addition to writing them down, which can serve as an excellent reminder for you, it can be very beneficial to visualize yourself doing and/or accomplishing each goal. Spend some time today and tomorrow reflecting and setting your goals. Write them down so you can refer to them often. Be sure to include some smaller goals on your way to each big goal so you can celebrate your progress. Then spring into action and use the momentum of the January effect to help you make it happen! Bring on 2019!

Happy New Year Everyone!
Love, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment