Monday, December 16, 2019

Should You Take Antidepressants, SSRIs For Menopausal and Perimenopausal Symptoms

In my recent video below, which is Part 2 of my video series on my journey through menopause and perimenopause, I discuss the option of taking antidepressants for menopausal symptoms. Antidepressants are also called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs.  Many women will seek advice from their doctors for their very bothersome and difficult emotional symptoms during perimenopause and menopause, and doctors will usually advise that a woman take either hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or antidepressants to help with their symptoms.  I, myself, was offered these medications several times. Each time I refused, but I was not offered any type of alternative or natural means to overcoming my symptoms, and so I began a personal journey of discovery and learning to help myself get through it, and that is what I share with you on my YouTube Channel.  I'm sharing the wise woman wisdom that I have gained through my journey over the last 12+ years from perimenopause to menopause to post menopause. In my latest video below, I discuss the side effects and risks of both HRT and SSRIs as there are many to be concerned with.  HRT is associated with health risks of cancer, heart disease, stroke, blood clots, and dementia, and SSRIs are associated with neurological risks of bipolar disorder, suicidal thoughts, suicide, a worsening of depression and anxiety symptoms as well as a whole host of other health issues, which I discuss in my video.  If you are considering either of these medications to help relieve your menopausal or perimenopausal symptoms, please watch both Part 1 and Part 2 of my video series below FIRST. It is important information you should know about for your menopausal journey. Please watch it before you consider taking any drugs or medications for menopause or perimenopause because it's important for you to know the facts about the health risks. There are so many natural remedies to help support your body through this transitional time. Perimenopause and menopause is not a disease or a medical condition, but a natural course of life for all women. The data and research on HRT recommends that it should only be used as an absolute last resort for severe vasomotor symptoms, which are hot flashes and night sweats, and only for the shortest amount of time between the ages of 50-59 only. While neurological drugs like SSRIs are recognized as a mode of treatment for perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms, it would not be something that I would personally consider or recommend; just too many unwanted side effects and risks in my opinion. I'm grateful to be able to share what I have learned to help you and support you in your journey through your menopausal years. Please remember to subscribe to my channel and share my videos with other women. Thank you!
-Linda
YouTips4U






 

No comments:

Post a Comment